Modules Roving Networks RN42 provide Bluetooth connectivity for systems using the 802.15.4 protocol.
Designed on the compactness criteria used for on-board applications, the RN42, built around a low power chip, offers a complete wireless solution for customers looking to migrate to a standard protocol without modifying existing hardware.
- Certified Bluetooth 2.1 (and earlier versions) gateway for iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch
- HID profile supported for accessories such as: keyboard, mouse and other pointing devices - EDR (Enhace Data Rate) protocol supported
- Possible compatibility with the 2 x 10 (2-mm) XBee socket used for 802.15.4 applications
- Consumption 26 μA in sleep mode, 3 mA in online mode and 30 mA in transmission
- Programmable "low power" modes
- UART (SPP or HCI) and USB type connection interfaces (HCI only)
- Maintained SPP transfer rate: 240 Kbps (slave), 300 Kbps (master)
- HCI (Host Controller Interface) transfer rate: 1.5 Mbps (maintained mode) and 3 Mbps (in HCI burst mode) over distances up to 20m
- Embedded Bluetooth stack profile included (not requiring local stack): GAP, SDP, RFCOMM, and L2CAP protocols, with SPP, HID and DUN profile support
- Secure communication 128 bit encryption - Correction of errors to ensure the sending of packets
- Local UART and RF configuration "on the fly"
- "Auto-discovery" or pairing does not require software configuration (immediate cable replacement)
- Slotted SMT footprint for easy and reliable PCB mounting
- Bluetooth SIG certified
- Certifications: FCC, IC, CE
- Integrated PCB antenna